At Bromley High School we follow the A level and Pre U curriculum as the most effective means of preparing girls for entry to competitive university courses. Since the introduction of A* grades, for entry to the most selective universities it has become much more important to achieve A* and A grades in three A2 subjects than it has to achieve A and B grades in four or five subjects.
How do we ensure you fulfil your academic potential?
Our experience tells us that you will achieve the best possible academic results if you are happy and well supported. It is important to us that you are recognised as an individual within the sixth form community, where strengths can be enhanced and weaknesses addressed. Being a member of a small tutor group, with an experienced tutor will provide you with the necessary academic and personal guidance.
Our specific support consists of:
- Excellent subject teaching by experienced staff – the recent ISI inspection graded teaching as ‘excellent’ and pupil achievement as ‘exceptional’
- Regular one to one tutorials with your tutor make sure that they know you very well Extension sessions offered by subjects to enhance learning and prepare for university entrance by looking at topics not on the syllabus
- Tailored Oxbridge programme of support including interview and entrance test preparation, college choice and visits.
- Medical, Dentistry and Veterinary (MDV) Programme providing specific support and advice with UKCAT and BMAT entrance tests as well as interview practice, including a Bromley High version of the MMI (multiple mini interview) scenarios now popular for these courses.
- Up to date links with former Bromley High pupils who are currently studying a range of courses from Art Foundation and Architecture to Law, Medicine and Veterinary Sciences at leading universities and colleges.
- The PSHE programme develops an independence of mind in addressing topics such as budgeting for university and living independently away from home
- The GDST Alumnae Network -you become a member and can communicate with over 60,000 former students for advice and guidance