In Years 3 to 6 the girls are encouraged to become more independent in their approach to learning.
They are supported to develop the ability to apply a deeper level of knowledge to explain concepts and solve problems. The girls are mainly taught by a form teacher but also benefit from the expertise of an increasing number of other staff and specialist teachers, including Senior School staff. As they progress through Hawthorns we prepare the girls for the routines and expectations of Senior School life.
- Specialist teaching in modern languages, Latin, music, PE, computing, drama, science
- Regular class trips and visits from experts
- Residential trips for Years 5 and 6
- One-to-one iPads for every girl in Year 5 and 6
- Extensive co-curricular programme of activities and clubs
- Orchestra and Choir
- Sporting opportunities to compete against schools at regional and national level
- Increased development of independent skills and positions of responsibility
Curriculum: Art, Design Technology, English, Modern Languages, Geography, History, Computing, Mathematics, Music, RE, Thinking Skills and Physical Education (swimming, gymnastics, netball, tennis, dance, rounders, athletics.)